Forgiveness is the Best Foreplay


Have you ever had a fight that made you wonder why you're together anyway? You both say things you don't mean. Things get heated. During these moments, things feel very unsexy to say the least. How do you both bounce back from that? Today, I felt that. My husband and I had a tough conversation and it felt horrible. I didn't even want to be around him.

How are we supposed to feel sexy after that, you might ask? For couples like us, we talked through difficult issues. More specifically, I've felt anti-sexual over the past several weeks because I've had to review and re-live sexual trauma I felt over 7 years ago. Obviously, this sucks for me. Moreover, it's not good for our sexual relationship.

On the other side, I don't enjoy being vulnerable in front of my husband. Who does? In marriage, problems are always a two-way street. It's not just your problem--it's both of your problems. We both could've done something not to argue.

But both must work together to solve problems before they become unlusty or anti-sexy (ie. I hate my husband).

Some of our subscribers are dealing with tough issues. What I experienced: there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. Being sexual is not always assumed. Nor is it always the way to bring you both closer. What could bring you both closer sometimes is some good, honest forgiveness.

For us at GetLusty, we eat our own dogfood. So, after fights, we're working hard to solve our problems. Because sometimes, forgiveness is the best foreplay.

This is post by Erica Grigg, our Chief Lust Officer. She's a writer, marketer, social entrepreneur and sex geek. She wants to change the world. If you don't see Erica riding around downtown, Chicago in her beach cruiser, you see her chatting up the tech community about the importance of sex and love in marriage. Follow Erica on Twitter @ericagrigg or subscribe via Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
You have read this article advice with the title Forgiveness is the Best Foreplay. You can bookmark this page URL http://jadejurgensen.blogspot.com/2012/08/forgiveness-is-best-foreplay.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...